Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Process Begins

The summer has come to a close and school is just around the corner. Three weeks of youth camp, VBS, children's camp and a MASH trip plus family vacation have made the summer full. Once again we have experienced the power of God in the lives of children, teens and adults.

From my comfortable seat as Associate Pastor I prepare for another year of as usual ministry. Making plans to expand our home groups, keep Sunday school growing, expand the use of technology in worship, teach TeamKID, and MASH Trips are all in place. Ministry opportunities away from the campus with the Lakeview Board, NET Xtreme, Seminary Extension Instruction and volunteering at Pine Tree schools are all in place. Life is good.

In the midst of the comfort God is beginning to make things uncomfortable. The more I challenge folks to be agents of change, to live life on the edge, the more restless I get, the more obvious it becomes that I can't stay in my comfortable seat. But I continue to look for ways to be "edgie" in my comfortable position.

No comments: